About Bucklin Wine
• BUCKLIN ~ Old Hill Ranch winery was founded in 2000 by the four Bucklin siblings: Arden, Kate, Ted and Will. Will Bucklin has been a vintner for over 20 years, working in France, Australia, Sonoma, Mendocino and Oregon.
• OLD HILL RANCH ~ Our certified organic, 24-acre vineyard is a dry-farmed Zinfandel field blend. Average yields of Old Hill rarely exceed one and a quarter tons per acre.
• ZINFANDEL ~ Technically, Old Hill is a Field Blend. Most of the grapes are Zinfandel, however there are at least 14 other varieties interspersed throughout. Grenache, Petite Syrah, Carignane, and Alicante to name a few.
• VINTAGE 2000 ~ Our inaugural release has great intensity. Aromas of plum and ripe cherry are framed inthe characteristic mint spice components typical of Old Hill wines. The wine is elegant and approachable on the palate, with considerable balance.
• SONOMA VALLEY ~ Old Hill Ranch is located in Glen Ellen, across Highway 12 from Arrowood Winery and just north of BR Cohn Winery.
• VINEYARD ESTABLISHED 1885 ~ Old Hill has been said to be the oldest vineyard in Sonoma County.
Sullivan, Zinfandel – A History of a Grape and its Wine, pp 139.